lunes, 31 de octubre de 2011

WHY DID I LEAVE GERMANY?

Five years after the end of World War I, I was living in Göppingen a city in southern Germany with my parents. My country was facing an enormous economic crisis. Salaries were not enough to live. I had met a girl called Lina, we were planning to get married and to start a family. We were hoping for better times but after a while we were sure that our future wasn't here. Leaving everything behind was a though thing to do but it needed to be done.
Europe was out of the map. It was also struggling with the economic crisis. People all over the country were talking about America, especially about Argentina. About all the posibilities that it had and about the great future it had ahead. With a huge ache in our hearts we decided to leave Germany and start all over again in Argentina. In February 1923, I started my journey to a new beginning. A few months later, Lina followed me. We arrived to our new country with hopes and dreams and we were recibed with open arms.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario